Microneedling is a non-invasive but extremely effective rejuvenation treatment which harnesses your skin’s natural ability to repair itself. Using very tiny needles to puncture the surface of the skin, it stimulates a healing response, causing your skin to kickstart its collagen and elastin production.
Microneedling can be an ideal non-surgical approach to tackle the following facial and body issues:
- fine lines and wrinkles
- sagging skin, particularly drooping jowls
- scarring, including acne scars
- stretch marks
- age spots
- enlarged pores
Microneedling – what to expect?
Before your microneedling treatment you should avoid the use of self-tanning products for up to 48 hours, and avoid sun exposure and the use of skin products that contain vitamin A or retinol for 24 hours.
How does microneedling work?
Microneedling treatment uses small needles to create tiny punctures in the skin, which then triggers a wound healing response that renews the skin cells. As part of this, collagen and elastin are produced and give an almost immediate plumping effect.
Microneedling how long to see results?
You will see a plumping effect almost immediately, however the natural healing process takes time, so it can take up to six weeks before you see significant results.
How much downtime should I expect?
Microneedling is less invasive than many other procedures and will result in little to no downtime. Following your microneedling proceure, you may notice the skin around the treated area appear slightly red, swollen, and tighter than usual, but these side effects are perfectly normal and will usually subside within a few hours. Your personal Treatment Coordinator will explain the aftercare recommendations following microneedling treatment and fully prepare you beforehand, but you will be able to return to your normal day-to-day lifestyle and apply mineral makeup almost instantly.
- Your skin may feel slight discomfort or soreness after treatment, with swelling or some skin peeling a normal reaction for up to 48 hours.
- Use moisturiser and gentle cleansing products on the treated area to help sooth and wash the skin.
- Avoid sunlight and excessive UV exposure to the skin, using a high factor SPF for added protection.
- Before touching the treated area, always ensure your hands are thoroughly clean.
- Avoid wearing makeup on the area for at least 24 hours after microneedling.
- Avoid strenuous exercise such as going to the gym, cycling, or running that may irritate the skin from sweating for at least 2-3 days.